Friday, September 6, 2013

One Week Down!

I did it! Leaving definitely has been the hardest part. I was so glad to have my close friends and family come with me to the airport. I felt like they all truly love me and are supporting me and my decision to move to New York. Blake reminded me to think of it as a "see ya later" rather than a "goodbye." That has stuck with me. I am now moved into my dorm and have started my life in the city. I was extremely nervous for what my roommate was going to be like, but so far, I love her! She is a psychology major and loves frozen yogurt! I would like to eventually minor in sports psychology and I have an absolute love for frozen yogurt, so it is awesome that we both have those common interests! Yesterday was a Jewish holiday, so I had school off. I met up with my friend, Jameson, in Harlem to have lunch. After, we went to the Apple store and then went to Grand Central Station to have some delicious world famous cheesecake at Junior's. When I used to come out to New York every July for NYCDA dance nationals, it became tradition to make a trip to Junior's with my mom. After visiting so many times, I became friends with one of the waiters. When I went there yesterday, I asked if he still works there. He was on vacation, but he still works there after all these years! I will be making a visit to him hopefully sometime next week!

In the dance program the upper class-men are assigned one freshman to help if they have any questions. They refer to the freshmen as their "little" and the freshmen refer to the upper class-men as their "big." Tonight my "big" and her roommate asked me and her roommate's "little" if we wanted to go see the Broadway show Annie! We didn't know it until we got there, but we had front row seats! We were so excited! The show was so cute and funny. I would highly recommend it. I absolutely loved it!

On the down side, don't ever send dorm stuff by USPS. You never know when it will arrive. It's been over two weeks and I'm still waiting for my bedding to come (along with some other helpful supplies). I'm bummed it hasn't come yet because I was excited to set up my new cute bedding! I'm definitely looking forward to when that package gets here!

That's only a touch of what has happened this past week! There is a ton to do in New York and it feels like there's something always happening! Thanks for reading!

 With my family and friends at the airport! 
I am so grateful for their love and support. 


Front row seats of Annie with my big, 
her roommate and her roommate's little! 


Delicious and world famous Junior's cheese cake. 
My piece is definitely the biggest!

No comments:

Post a Comment