Friday, August 2, 2013

Less than a month!

It is so crazy for me to think that in less than a month I will be moving away from little Orem, Utah and moving to NYC to attend Pace University! Everything I know now, will be completely different. As I have told people about how I am moving to New York to go to school, I have been asked lots of questions. Here are some of them:

Everyone asks me if I'm excited. I am most definitely excited, but that excitement is mixed with a bunch of different emotions as well. I am extremely nervous for such drastic change, sad to leave my home behind, anxious to know exactly what it's going to be like to live there, and hopeful that it will all work out and that I will love it there! It doesn't seem like all those contrasting feelings can happen at the same time, but they sure can! I know New York is going to be a huge adjustment from my home life now, but I can't wait to take this next step in my life!

Is Pace a dance school? Pace is not a performing arts school. It's a university and I am majoring in their dance program. Pace University is the only school in the country that offers a BFA (Bachelors of Fine Arts) in commercial dance! I knew Pace was the right place for me because they are a university with a strong education and amazing dance program!

A lot of people have also asked me if I'm taking my bug with me to New York. I can't help but laugh and think that I would die if I tried to drive my bug in New York. I would be squished like a bug! My car is definitely staying home safely with the family.

What am I going to miss the most? By far, I'm going to miss my family. They have been through a lot with me and have supported me in everything I do. I am also going to miss my friends and dance studio. Change is another hard thing for me, so I'm going to miss being consistently with the loving and familiar relationships I have with my family and friends.

Moving still hasn't quite settled in as a reality, but each day it becomes more real! I am so excited for this new journey and forever grateful to all the people that helped me to be where I am.  Can't wait to see where life takes me as I "take my bite" into the Big Apple! Thanks for Reading!



2 comments:

  1. hello alexia,

    i recently stumbled onto your instagram and was wondering if you could do me a huge favor and answer a few questions about you majoring in dance? im currently taking a dance course in college and was assigned to interview a student dancer. so if you would be so kind to help me out with this assignment, it would be great!
    -Michelle (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to! Send me an email to alexia@meyer-home.com and I would be more than willing to answer some questions!

      Delete